VIDEO UPDATE: Senator Tom Coburn’s passionate speech on the out-of-control spending by the Democrat Congressional leadership:
UPDATE: The Gateway Pundit‘s “The Obama Disaster– 50 Days That Changed the World” is a great new post on this same topic. Here’s an excerpt:
- Obama and Pelosi’s stimulus bill was the largest spending bill in the history of the planet.
- He’s lost at least 3 administration nominees due to tax fraud (and) promoted a tax cheat to run the IRS and Treasury.
- He’s insulted America’s greatest ally, Great Britain (and) reneged on missile agreements with allies Poland and the Czech Republic.
- His administration has already met with the murderous Assad Regime from Syria.
- Obama told US soldiers and marines in Afghanistan, “We’re losing.” Obama has already discussed holding peace talks with the Taliban.
- The Dow has dropped faster under Obama than any other new president in 90 years.
- Obama’s adds more to the debt than all previous presidents — from George Washington to George W. Bush — combined.
- Team Obama announced easing restrictions with communist Cuba. Meanwhile, democrats further restricted free trade with ally Colombia.
Here are some excerpts from his recent article entitled “The Usurpers are Winning” (the emphasis and bullets are mine):
America’s founders believed that federal power was a necessary evil that would swallow the liberties their ancestors left Europe to obtain unless it was severely limited. But today we seem to have forgotten that freedom cannot survive the unrestrained governmental encroachments that are raining down daily from our nation’s capital.
You needn’t have a master’s in history to realize that America is the freest and most prosperous nation in the history of the world because its prescient framers devised a constitution that would maximize liberty by imposing restraints on government.
And you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to grasp that unless we put the brakes on our out-of-control federal government soon, we will go the way of all other great nations before us.
While there has long existed a tension between liberty’s usurpers and watchdogs, rarely have the usurpers been in such ascendance…. But why can’t they be honest about what they’re doing?
Those with nothing to hide don’t mask their intentions in deceitful language, such as…
- calling a mostly pork bill a “stimulus bill that has absolutely no pork,”
- a bill eliminating secret ballots in union voting “the Employee Free Choice Act,”
- Marxist programs “measures to strengthen capitalism,”
- taxpayer-funded health care “free medical coverage,”
- across-the-board cuts in defense spending “shoring up our national defenses,”
- aggressive, exclusive partisanship “a spirit of bipartisanship,”
- a plan to triple the national budget right before “trimming it back” to levels grossly above where you started “fiscal conservatism,”
- government suppression of political expression “the Fairness Doctrine,”
- appointing one tax cheat after another and lobbyist after lobbyist “a new era for ethical government,”
- a government that singles out and attacks its influential critics “a government of the people.”
In the name of compassion, or economic stimulus, the federal government gets its tentacles into our local business and begins to micromanage our lives from Washington, whether in education, commerce or even executive salaries for private corporations.
Who knows, the usurpers might even have the audacity to try to micromanage decisions of local governments once they dole out money they steal from taxpayers and their offspring to fund this stimulus ruse.
Click here to read the full article by David Limbaugh, or copy and paste the following website into your web browser: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=89829.
Mr. Limbaugh’s comments reminded me forcefully of George Orwell’s Animal Farm and 1984. Check out “Teach Like It’s 1979” for more about this scary thought, including links to some great posts by A Conservative Teacher.
It fascinates me (in a dark humor sort-of-way) that it was a conservative tyranny (as personified by their Devil himself, Ronald Reagan) against which my very liberal high school teachers warned me…
…yet it turns out to be liberalism run-amok that is well on its way to creating the very conditions Mr. Orwell wrote about!
The irony would be lost them, unfortunately.